Thermostats are a vital component of your HVAC system. They might seem like a small piece of a much larger puzzle, but the function they perform is way more important than homeowners might think. We often say that the thermostat is the “brain” of your HVAC system, because its responsibility is to interpret the information you input and instruct the HVAC system to perform appropriately.
So, today we’d like to evaluate which homes might be perfect for a thermostat upgrade. We’ll talk about what these newer and more improved smart / Wi-Fi thermostats can do, why they’re so sought after these days, and why your home could benefit from having one. Once you think your home qualifies for this kind of work, you can call our team for fast and effective thermostat services in Sanford, FL. We’ll always get the job done the way you want it!
When to Upgrade Your Thermostat
Before we talk about the best parts of upgrading your thermostat, we need to talk about why you might want to invest in this kind of service. After all, if you’ve got a working thermostat system, why would you pay to have it replaced if it’s still doing its job? Well, here are some good reasons to invest in this kind of service.
- You’ve got an outdated, analog thermostat. Analog thermostats might look retro, but there’s a good reason why they’re disappearing from homes. They can be harder to read and use, and if you’ve got an analog thermostat, it probably means that the system is over 20 years old. Digital thermostats are the standard models these days, so this alone could be a good reason to upgrade.
- Your thermostat doesn’t read accurately. Do you have to take every temperature reading with a grain of salt? Your thermostat should be accurate to the exact degree, and if it’s not, then it likely needs to be fixed or replaced.
- You’d like to improve the efficiency of your HVAC system. Newer thermostats are designed to be programmable and more convenient, making it easier to cut out energy wasting habits and turn your home into an energy-efficient paradise. If you’d like to improve your home’s energy efficiency, then your thermostat is the perfect place to start.
- Your thermostat is finicky and inconvenient. Does your thermostat shut down randomly? Or perhaps it shocks you sometimes when you touch it, or even makes loud and obnoxious noises? This is inconvenient, and your thermostat should be working with you, not against you.
Unique Benefits of Smart and Wi-Fi Thermostats in Sanford
Newer thermostats are built with huge improvements over their older and more outdated counterparts. If you’re looking to improve your home with a new smart or Wi-Fi thermostat, here are a few ways they can help.
- Smart thermostats can improve your energy efficiency by learning about your heating and cooling trends. They’ll run things at a lower intensity during the night and even run your system more efficiently while you’re at work.
- Wi-Fi thermostats can be controlled anywhere on your smartphone. This means you can change the temperature of your home while you’re at work or on vacation, and you’re always in control!